Everybody knows somebody who knows Pac Man's "history", so I won't get into all of that, but I will give you a few nuggets of info that many may not have known.
- When Pac Man was initially released in Japan in 1980, it was called "Puck Man". Aren't you glad they decided on a name change.
- Jr. Pac Man, Super Pac Man, Pac Man Plus, Baby Pac Man, and Professor Pac Man were all unauthorized spin offs created by Bally/Midway. All those unauthorized games led to Namco pulling the plug on their relationship with Midway.
- A Mexican dude named Carlos Borrego won the Pac Man World Championship in 2007. Strangely enough, none of the people who have world records in Pac Man competed in the tournament. Therefore he's not the champ to me.
- The Atari 2600 version of Pac Man was over manufactured, and was one of the causes for the video game crash of 1983.
- on a personal note, Pacmania is the best game in the series in my opinion.
- Pac Man and Mr. T had two things in common: they both had epic ass cereal and a great cartoon. Pac Man's show was on ABC while Mr. T's was on NBC.
- Not content with cereal, There was Pac Man canned pasta from Chef Boyardee.
This ends my random smattering of Pac Man info. Happy birthday little yellow guy, my life is better because you were a part of it.